Hybrid: Flex 1 schedule; 0-3 times per month onsite
Responsible for working with Business and IT stakeholders to understand the problem domain and provide analysis to capture and manage quality requirements that align with the system solution.
How you will make an impact:
- Works on highly complex business needs, develops epics and user stories manages backlog in tools and researches issues thorough subject matter expertise and an understanding of business processes.
- Responsible to work with the Business to understand the growth of the business so that critical data can be analyzed for solutioning.
- Proactively support the voice of the customer to ensure requirements meet the business needs and mitigate risk.
- Support strategic direction and may lead system requirements definition, design, testing, training and implementation support.
- Works closely with Business Owners, Product Managers and/or Product Owners to ensure business needs are captured, prioritized and understood to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Assists in the analysis of the functional business requirements and implementation details to ensure design meets non functional requirements.
- Participates in Product Roadmap planning and all phases of the SDLC.
- Primary Interface with initiative team to ensure they have a clear understanding of the requirements.
- Contributes to the development of operational readiness documentation, training materials to support rollout adoption and use of the system/functionality as needed.
- May provide support during the integration and acceptance testing phases and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience leading/working in collaborative teams and a proactive approach to daily interactions with stakeholders at all levels.
- Adheres to the current Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Anticipates and identifies opportunities for improvement including SDLC business processes and innovation.
- Agile principles and mindsets to be used to accomplish deliverables and communication.
- Performs in a leadership role to help guide team members and serves as an expert for the team.
- Acts as a change advocate and is a role model to others when adapting to different work styles, processes, tools and communications.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 6 years experience, which should include analysis, project management, working knowledge of mainframe computer hardware and operating systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
Preferred Capabilities, Skills, and Experiences:
- The ideal candidate is resourceful, inquisitive, creative and displays a passion for being a problem solver, being a leader, hit the ground running, demonstrated assertive decision making style and have superior interpersonal skills strongly preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools: SQL, Tableau, BusinessObjects preferred
- Scrum Agile project management framework preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.