Nurse Reviewer I
Working hours: Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday (candidate time zone) with possible late shifts required
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Nurse Reviewer I is responsible for conducting preauthorization, out of network and appropriateness of treatment reviews for diagnostic imaging services by utilizing appropriate policies, clinical and department guidelines. Collaborates with healthcare providers, and members to promote the most appropriate, highest quality and effective use of diagnostic imaging to ensure quality member outcomes, and to optimize member benefits. Works on reviews that are routine having limited or no previous medical review experience requiring guidance by more senior colleagues and/or management. Partners with more senior colleagues to complete non-routine reviews. Through work experience and mentoring learns to conduct medical necessity clinical screenings of preauthorization request to assess assessing the medical necessity of diagnostic imaging procedures, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Conducts initial medical necessity clinical screening and determines if initial clinical information presented meets medical necessity criteria or requires additional medical necessity review.
- Conducts initial medical necessity review of exception preauthorization requests for services requested outside of the client health plan network.
- Notifies ordering physician or rendering service provider office of the preauthorization determination decision.
- Follows-up to obtain additional clinical information.
- Ensures proper documentation, provider communication, and telephone service per department standards and performance metrics.
- Requires AS in nursing
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory or hospital setting or minimum of 1 year of prior utilization management, medical management and/or quality management, and/or call center experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Familiarity with Utilization Management Guidelines, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding, and managed health care including HMO, PO and POS plans strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Previous utilization and/or quality management and/or call center experience preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for the specific positions is $33 to $40 per hour
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, nondiscriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.