As the AI Principal Software Architect , you are responsible for researching, inventing, designing and building of novel AI Software solutions.
Preferred Locations: Atlanta, GA or Chicago, IL
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce high quality solutions that are robust, reliable, and scalable.
- Research and develop novel solutions independently and as part of a team.
- Provide technical vision and leadership.
- Function as expert level architecture technology that is responsible for development and delivery of the business unit software solutions technology road map to ensures specific technology solutions are in place to support business and it customers.
- Leads the development and delivery of AI business architectural technologies for software solutions and ensure that technology deliverables are met based on business requirements.
- Work with leadership to design and deliver technology requirements and leverages necessary resources.
- Leads technical teams and provide direction on all stages of a project the middle phases as well as implementation, and final proven leadership in the delivery and deployment phases.
- Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications.
- Develops specifications for products/services, applications and service offerings.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to translate between customer needs and product specifications.
- Demonstrated strong familiarity with AI and machine learning algorithms, tools and frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Ability to deploy AI-based solutions to drive innovation and solve complex business problems is preferred.
- Full SDLC exposure delivering production-ready engineering solutions, including requirements definition, architecture selection, prototype development, application design, enabling continuous integration and deployment pipelines, and preparing support and maintenance processes preferred.
- Experience in designing scalable full-stack applications and leading engineering teams in developing real-time and decision support solution types desired.
- Proven experience in an agile and DevOps/ModelOps environments who can mentor engineers fostering best practice design and development skills highly preferred.
- Experience designing solutions that leverage container-based platforms; such as OpenShift/Kubernetes preferred.
- Ability to operate with a variety of data engineering tools and technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB, Oracle, PySpark, Impala); vendor agnostic candidates preferred.
- Good understanding of the latest data science and data engineering methods to implement enterprise-level services.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more modern Object-Oriented Programming languages (Java, Scala, Python) including the ability to code in more than one programming language preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience applying principles, best practices in programming APIs and RESTFul web services preferred.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing enterprise level APIs leveraging Python web frameworks (Flask).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience implementing real-time API integrations in private or public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience in health care industry strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.