Planning & Performance Director / Chief of Staff - NV Medicaid
Location: Las Vegas, NV
This high-performing individual contributor will function as the right hand to the President of the Nevada Medicaid Health Plan. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the annual planning, strategy, and business change management for the team.
How you will make an impact:
• Supports the annual planning efforts and the execution of the 3-year annual business plan that includes internal and external communications and associate engagement activities.
• Program responsibilities such as executive reporting, project communications, management of issues logs and change requests, facilitating project meetings, managing deliverables, and ensuring resolution of escalated issues.
• Develops and coordinates presentations and materials for executive management meetings, internal and external speaking engagements, and meetings.
• Responsible for the implementation and execution of strategy that includes change management, sponsorship, and buy-in and advocacy efforts to get business results.
• Provides process, project, and change management methodology coaching/consulting support for initiatives including regulatory and mandated projects, health care reform special projects, and corporate initiatives.
• Leads, identifies, tracks, and reports on areas for increased efficiency.
• Develops, monitors, and tracks metrics supporting budget and spend.
• Manages variance process, staffing plans, and adds to staff (budget neutral).
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
• Highly strategic thinker and self-starter with the ability to operate with a great degree of discretion and resourcefulness to execute on health plan strategies.
• Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate expectations between multiple parties.
• Proven experience in project execution, project management, and process improvement.
• Experience interacting effectively and positively with senior management, provide thought leadership, and adept at influencing decision-making.
• Demonstrated leadership skills to identify opportunities, bring teams together, and help implement solutions.
• Knowledge of Government Business most notable in Medicaid is highly preferred.
• Master’s degree.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office products, most notably Teams, Outlook, Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for
this specific position is $115,248 to $172,872
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits
package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution
(all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific
position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company.
The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work
regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of
possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in
the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location,
work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual
compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business
considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is
earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies
and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form
of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the
Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole
discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.