Responsible for working with management to identify and implement varied projects, programs and plans that support achievement of business unit and enterprise goals.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- May specialize in one area of organization effectiveness (planning, project portfolio, or culture/change) or be assigned to directly support a business unit and ensures activities are aligned with corporate strategy.
- Identifies potential issues, project change, and scope data.
- Leads efforts to identify best practices.
- Identifies impacted parties, business partners, and resources required. Develops and designs processes and systems that support business needs.
- Designs methods for integrating functions and processes.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses.
- Builds support for business change throughout the business unit.
- Provides process, project, and change management methodology coaching/consulting support to both local and enterprise wide initiatives.
- Leads the project prioritization and scheduling activities for the business unit.
- Provides expertise to the business areas in culture/change management activities.
- Provides expertise in process planning and portfolio management activities.
- Supports the execution of the operating plan.
- Plan and execute controls testing/controls validation work.
- Plan and execute controls testing/controls validation work.
- Create initial project plans for the identified scope of controls validation/testing and participate in planning sessions.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, perform walkthroughs, develop or update documentation/flowcharts accordingly.
- Document process narratives.
- Perform detailed control design validation and control effectiveness testing.
- Lead the review, validation, observation, and documentation of internal controls based on the framework identified for the team.
- Advice IT/Business Owners in a timely manner any risk that has not been mitigated.
- Prepare reports or presentations describing the work performed, issues identified, and showing the updates needed to ensure their processes are operating for compliance.
- Minimum Requirements: BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 10 years managing mid to large-scale change/project initiatives; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred skills, qualifications and experiences:
- Knowledge of planning models and methodology, project management and change management experience (strategic and execution) strongly preferred.
- Masters degree preferred. Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- 7+ years of strong Compliance / Internal Audit experience covering all the key phases of planning, execution and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Experience performing internal control reviews. Hands-on experience in executing and delivering audit engagements of IT General Controls, IT Application Controls, IT Attestations (SOC1, SOC2, etc.).
- Experience performing SOC, WebTrust, HITRUST, SOX, ISO 27001 and security/privacy advisory engagements.
- “Big 4” or equivalent experience (incl. working in a national consulting organization or professional services, management consulting, technology advisory, or technology project management.
- US Healthcare domain knowledge/experience.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.