RVP II Clinical Sr. Clinical Officer NE Region
Reports to VP Commercial Clinical Ops
Direct Reports- 8
Team consists of 38 Associates.
Responsible for providing strategic leadership for an assigned state with revenue between 1.9 billion and 5 billion. Responsible for providing clinical expertise leadership and oversight of care management in order to drive strategic priorities at the State Health Plan level. Is accountable for partnering with other health plan leaders to determine and improve factors contributing to variations in health care cost and quality. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Sets and executes priorities to improve health care cost and quality.
- Directs staff to improve health care costs and quality for members.
- Interprets existing policies and develops or adopts new policies based on changes in the healthcare or medical arena.
- Leads, develops, directs and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Directs and manages the Medical Management staff to ensure timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality. Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company as needed.
- May chair or serve on company committees and represent the company to external entities and/or serves on external committees and provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of the program.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports and directly supervises the management of any assigned staff.
- Requires MD or DO and Board certification approved by one of the following certifying boards is required, where applicable to duties being performed, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession in a state or territory of the United States. Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law or regulation must be located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US.
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply:
Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.