The Financial Operations Analyst is responsible for completing financial activities for the purpose of accurate and timely reporting both internally and externally. Assists in the development of technical solutions to complex business issues by creating spreadsheets to be utilized by lower level positions. Maintains performance management reporting. Supports accurate balance sheet/P&L reporting. Focus is more experienced, tactical, transactional (exceptions transactions) based job.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs tactical data analysis and may assist Analysts with moderately complex data analysis.
- Communicates exception items with all relevant areas to ensure accuracy of data on an ongoing basis.
- Provides tactical recommendations based on analysis of the data, business situation, and moderate knowledge of systems.
- Receives and responds to escalated customer inquiries.
- May contact management in operations, sales compensation, and sales.
- Works with processors regarding enrollment/billing issues.
- Acts as liaison with bank regarding premium collection status.
- Coordinates activities and provides training for lower-level associates.
- Assists with system testing of IT related projects and the implementation of application software releases within the Finance organization.
- Requires an AA/AS in accounting or finance and experience with relational databases and mainframe and client server report writers; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- BA/BS degree preferred. Experience in a finance/health insurance field capacity preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.