Location: This position must sit in California; LA/Orange County/Northern CA are preferred.
The Director of Quality Management is responsible for driving the development, coordination, and implementation of multiple quality programs and interventions within the Anthem Blue Cross California Medicaid Health Plan. This includes working with cross functional teams to implement strategies to support Health Equity performance, Health Education, Cultural and Linguistic activities, Department of Health Care Services bold goals, and other State-based requirements.
How you will make an impact:
- Directs and provides leadership for implementing, monitoring, and evaluating Quality Management Programs.
- Promotes understanding, communication, and coordination of quality interventions.
- Directs and provides leadership for compliance with State of California and NCQA standards.
- Provides leadership for the interpretation of results and development of improvement action plans arising from provider and member satisfaction surveys.
- Serves as a resource for the design and evaluation of process improvement plans/quality improvement plans.
- Collaborates with other leaders in developing, monitoring, and evaluating quality programs.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Researches and evaluates competitive activity.
- Implements effective tracking mechanisms for monitoring daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly productivity.
- Develops and recommends department operating budgets.
- BA/BS in a health or business-related field; 8 years of experience in a healthcare environment, including prior management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- MSN, MPH, or MPA preferred.
- Current clinical license preferred.
- CQM experience in a Managed Care Organization preferred.
- Experience in working with the Medi-Cal population, including but not limited to seniors, persons with mental or physical disabilities, or individuals who are homeless preferred.
- Managed Care Health Plan experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $114,560 to $189,024
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws. * The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.