Executive Enterprise Architect
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live in the state of Georgia or within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Executive Enterprise Architect works with business and technology stakeholders to build a holistic view of the organizations strategy, processes, information and technical assets to ensure business and IT alignment. A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx) leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical t lens, to deliver member centered, lasting pharmacy care.
How you will make an impact:
- Identifies new technologies for domains based upon business value drivers and return on investment; helps drive new technologies towards implementation and exploitation.
- Contributes to overall systems architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; contributes to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
- Contributes to defining architecture standards and anticipate areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, IT, and industry standards.
- Coordinates all enterprise-level conceptual architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
- Drives architecture strategy and vision for enterprise.
- Helps ensure blueprints are refreshed as needs emerge or in accordance to plan of record changes.
- Supports creation of systems, technical, and application architectures for new strategic initiatives
- Develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures in support of business and technical strategies
- Understands how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness.
- Make ongoing recommendations of Architecture standards and system configurations
- Analyzing the current Application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Enabling an innovative approach to system architecture standards which greatly increase the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of IT services at a lower cost
- Providing expert level EA knowledge and counsel to others
- Driving the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
- Developing, supporting, and communicating EA policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Delivering highly complex Architecture & Design using in-depth knowledge within the EA domain
- Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement components of the platform and application architecture.
- Provide hands-on help in supporting the App Dev team with their project needs.
- Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents within
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Lead and support the needs of strategic roadmap and Blueprint activity.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall system design and architecture.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents.
- At times, responsible for assisting with client and project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
- Evaluate technologies for technology strategy.
- Assist with due diligence on M&A activity as well as develop future state roadmaps for any integration
- Drive the design and construction of a client’s complex business problems into innovative technology solutions.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of experience in information technologies with 6 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Experience in health care industry strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture and/or product development, Healthcare industry preferred
- 5+ Experience with SOA standards, including SOAP, REST, WSDL, JSON, XSLT etc., preferred
- Experience designing and implementing Healthcare applications preferred
- Broad knowledge of current technology, tools and techniques for software development preferred
- Experience with security and privacy standards; e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO27001 etc., preferred
- Excellent Written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in preferred
- Experience Agile software development life cycles preferred
- Experience with Event and Domain Driven Design a plus preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines preferred
- Experience creating artifacts within an EA framework (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner, etc, preferred
- Experience in facilitating transformational change through the use of architectural roadmaps preferred
- Experience with communicating and promoting the value of EA within an organization preferred
- Experience with Architecture and Design tools preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.