Responsible for delivery of end to end application, system development and maintenance on complex multi technology platforms within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintain active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Own the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that impact cross functional teams.
- Research and may propose new technologies.
- Develop and own list of final enhancements.
- Develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Perform technical design reviews and code reviews.
- May own technical testing to ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assess current status and support data information planning.
- Coordinate on-call support and ensure effective monitoring of system.
- Maintain technical development environment.
- Mentor others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Will begin to set direction at the project/service level and influences decision-making.
- Provide technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs of the technical solutions.
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting team, communicate standards and get buy-in on solutions.
- Facilitate group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Support vendor evaluation.
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years related experience; multi-dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Multi-platform and/or multi language strongly preferred.
- Experience mentoring others, leading multiple small projects and providing troubleshooting support.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java 11+, Spring and Spring boot and ORM(Hibernate, Spring DAO) framework
- Expert proficiency with Oracle, RESTful Webservices design and development and writing JUNIT’s
- 2+ years’ experience with WebSphere, Linux OS, CI/CD tools(Checkmarx, SonarQube, artifactory etc.) and versioning tool(GIT)
- Familiar with Design Patterns, Microservices and performance optimizatio
- Experience with Healthcare experience with good understanding in Provider/Claims domain
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $104,800 - $131,000
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
*The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.