The Business Architect Sr is responsible for driving and completing the Business Architecture portion of business blueprints, including establishing guiding principles, defining capabilities, performing functional analysis/definition, analyzing and documenting the value chain, and assessing organizational impacts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributes to providing linkage to other Enterprise Architecture groups and models, and coordinate and align activities to achieve the future state capabilities with Business Relationship Management (BRM).
- Leads Reference architectures, Strategic Business Architecture (SBA) and Operational Business Architecture (OBA) that articulate a future state direction to optimize the value chain.
- Leads Business Architecture portion of business blueprints, including establishing guiding principles, defining capabilities, performing functional analysis/definition, analyzing and documenting the value chain, and assessing organizational impacts.
- Creates initiatives to perform enterprise wide functional analysis to identify areas for efficiencies or rationalization opportunities, and conduct ongoing analysis of business capabilities and how improvements to architecture components can best support capabilities.
- Reviews a common process for how projects are assessed against business architecture artifacts and blueprints; incorporate into overall architecture governance process.
- Translates strategic decisions into operational and process-focused plans for a market segment.
- Leads creation of comprehensive enterprise or domain architecture visions, patterns, guiding principles and standards aligned with business, IT and industry.
- Analyzes and applies emerging organizational paradigms aligned to strategic needs.
- Communicates and builds consensus equally effectively with many constituents, including business executives, technologists, end users, and operations.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years experience in business analysis and strategic planning, IT operations, IT planning, IT leadership, or strategic and technical architecture; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in health care industry strongly preferred.
- Enterprise Architecture related Certification strongly preferred.
- Experience working with provider data source systems preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.