The Advanced Analytics Senior Consultant creates statistical models to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. Designs modeling studies to address specific business issues determined by consultation with business partners.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares analytical data sets in support of modeling studies Build, test, and validate statistical models.
- Develops original algorithms and implement in systems and tools that will be used to develop new predictive models and provider profiles that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions to address cost and use of medical benefits.
- Publishes results and address constraints/limitations with high level business partners.
- Provides high-level controllership/evaluation of all data produced to ensure established targets are met.
- Determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
- Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
- Requires Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or equivalent training and mastery and a minimum of 10 years experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Advanced expertise with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Experience in large complex systems, including a solid background in effective use of multiple environments (PC, server, mainframe, intranet) strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to design modeling studies and experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the design, development, and continuous improvement of complex healthcare data systems, tools, and reports strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to present meaningful results to a business audience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization and at different levels, coordinate multiple work efforts, and translate business needs into practical applications and solutions strongly preferred.
- Position is remote, however the preference is that the new hire is located in Connecticut, however not required.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.