Infrastructure Services Engineer Sr. Advisor
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Performs analysis and research of systems and networks. Reviews detailed business and technical requirements in order to recommend technical solutions.
How you will make an impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Provides second level engineering design functions.
• Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications.
• Creates presentations and seeks IT management's approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major business systems serving a business unit or location.
• Directs the construction of architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
• Consults with application leaders to verify applications/technology conform to architecture standards.
• Sets vendor strategy and direction; oversees adherence.
• Designs and engineers comprehensive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards; works with architecture to update technology direction and strategy.
• Researches relevant trends and activities in healthcare, business, competition and regulatory environments; recommends strategy adjustments.
• Serves as technical merger and acquisition lead as needed.
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years experience in information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management; significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Build, test and maintain highly available systems in all environments.
• Ability to present and communicate the architecture in a visual form.
• Strong Linux system administration skills.
• Strong knowledge of AWS is required. Experience with GCP and/or Azure is a plus.
• Managing dev/pre-prod/production infrastructure as code with tools like Terraform.
• Improve CI/CD tooling with Jenkins, ArgoCD, etc.
• Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar.
• Implement and improve monitoring and alerting with tools like Datadog, Splunk, etc.
• Require infrastructure experience in database services like DocumentDB, Redshift, etc.
• Require infrastructure experience in distributed processing like EMR, Glue, etc.
• Well versed managing search frameworks like Open Search, Kendra, Elastic Search, etc.
• Experience in designing and developing automation scripts.
• Lead and guide the team in identifying and implementing new technologies.
• Enable Infrastructure DevOps for Machine Learning Operations and Software Deployment.
• Expert in troubleshooting and planning mitigations for production systems.
• Adhere to support schedule and availability hours.
• Manage infrastructure utilities, apps, and tools so that software can be developed and released smoothly.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $114,640 – 143,300.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.