Senior Business System Analyst
Location: This position will work on a hybrid model (remote and office), 0-3 times per month. The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of a PulsePoint location and will operate on Eastern Standard Time.
Carelon Payment Integrity is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Insights, formerly Payment Integrity, is determined to recover, eliminate and prevent unnecessary medical-expense spending.
The Senior Business System Analyst is responsible for developing and executing more complex data mining analyses.
How you will make a difference:
- Defines functional, usability, reliability, performance, and support requirements of a system.
- Provides the link between the technical and business views of the system by ensuring that the technical solutions being developed will satisfy the needs of the business.
- Partners with business, architecture, and infrastructure and oversees all service levels to ensure business area satisfaction.
- In-depth knowledge of Data tools utilized (Microsoft SQL, SSRS).
- Works with the IT learning organization to mentor and assist in training initiatives and performs estimates for application functionality enhancements.
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements.
- Develops use cases.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide the data required to make effective business decisions.
- Performs modeling of information sources and flows.
- May coordinate the activities of a project team and monitors project schedules and costs for own projects.
- Develops strategic report applications from the Data Warehouse.
- Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develops and supports complex data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring the design and implementation of database tables.
- The majority of time will be spent programming.
- Conducts training on the use of applications developed.
Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, and Experiences:
- Expert in developing SQL queries, performing data analysis, to triage issues.
- Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst certifications are strongly preferred.
- Hands-on scripting skills in SQL and Stored Procedures are preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $94,080 to $169,344.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.