The Advanced Analytics Analyst Sr. is part of the Health Economics, Clinical team, which employs analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product value propositions, operational effectiveness, and client specific health gaps and needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Partnership with business owners to develop technical requirements, develop process flows and create process to Identify applicable members for our clinical programs
- Own delivery of Identification processes and execution of program improvement opportunities and new product launches
- Ensure execution excellence through oversight and reporting
- The ideal candidate will have experience in healthcare informatics and analytics, specifically experience in analyzing claims data. This position will be an internal customer facing role supporting the business in the creation of new product solutions and enhancements to improve member health. Candidates with experience in leading and/or supporting complex product development efforts are encouraged to apply.
Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, cognitive science, economics, or operations research, a minimum of 3 years direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS required, and a minimum of 3 years in health care setting; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Intermediate to Advanced expertise with Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent strongly preferred.
Experience with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner preferred.
Proven experience with data models, addressing data quality issues, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets strongly preferred.
Experience in healthcare related field strongly preferred.
The ability to present meaningful results to a business audience, to participate collaboratively in a team tasked to produce complex analyses on a rigorous schedule, to communicate with strong written and verbal communications skills, and to present to large multi-disciplinary audiences on a regular basis strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary range for this specific position is $87,360 to $131,040.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.