- Ensures that all pharmacy staff are accountable to the organization and decisions made that effect patients and caregivers.
- Serves as the Pharmacist-in-charge and is responsible for ensuring staff have appropriate licensing/certification/registration and adequate continuing education as well as developing competence assessment programs and ensuring staff perform duties and responsibilities with efficiency and safety.
- Assists in ensuring that all Policy and Procedures as well as accreditation standards are followed.
- Keeps current with all State and Federal regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy and recommends changes.
- Assists in ensuring that the pharmacy provides optimal pharmaceutical services that meet all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements. Coordinate the provision of pharmacy services to patients in concert with other health professionals.
- Ensure achievement of standards of performance for personnel, adherence to all company Policy and Procedures, and compliance with federal, state, local and other applicable regulations. Select, train, develop and motivate a competent staff to meet and surpass goals and objectives.
- Serve as liaison between specialty pharmacy, hospitals, home health agencies and other health professionals. Serve as liaison between pharmacy and supporting departments in admissions, billing, and management personnel.
- Work with the corporate office to maintain all state permits and PIC requirements and all regulatory changes.
- PharmD preferred. Prior experience with high-volume specialty, mail order, central fill, home delivery pharmacy, or high-volume pharmacy serving Long Term Care Facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of DEA, FDA, and state regulations pertaining to the handling of controlled substances is preferred.
- Experience interpreting compliance requirements and regulations preferred.
- Experience working with State Boards of Pharmacy regarding complaints, issue resolution, inspection, and central fill requirements preferred.
- Additional licensing in other US states in addition to Indiana is preferred.
- Specialty Pharmacy certifications CSP and experience preferred.
- Experience with building and leading clinical COEs for Therapeutic areas or disease states related to Specialty medications.
- Additional state licensure in support of non-resident pharmacy licensure.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.