Locations: IA, LA, TN, TX, and VA.
The Business Information Analyst II (Financial Analyst – Healthcare Cost Outcomes) is responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to multiple, varied business metrics. This role will be servicing our West Region Medicare Plans.
How you will make an impact:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Identification and execution of potential local Cost of Care opportunities for CA Medicaid.
- Analysis and reporting on identified and executed initiatives of local CA Cost of Care
- Provide significant assistance to the Enterprise though best practice identification and expansion to other Medicare/Medicaid markets.
- Analysis, modeling, and reporting on identified executed initiatives
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years related operational and/or data analysis experience, experience in database structures, and standard query and reporting tools; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or Economics is preferred.
- SQL and/or Snowflake is highly preferred.
- Preferred experience with Python, and R, and Tableau or Power BI.
- Proficiency with Excel, summarizing and manipulating large sets of data is strong preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.