Clinial Provider Auditor II
Location: Hybrid, 0-3 times a month/in office
The Clinial Provider Auditor II is responsible for identifying issues and/or entities that may pose potential risk associated with fraud and abuse.
How you will make an impact:
- Examines claims for compliance with relevant billing and processing guidelines and identifies opportunities for fraud and abuse prevention and control.
- Reviews and conducts analysis of claims and medical records prior to payment and uses required systems/tools to accurately document determinations and continue to next step in the claims lifecycle.
- Researches new healthcare related questions as necessary to aid in investigations and stays abreast of current medical coding and billing issues, trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Collaborates with the Special Investigation Unit and other internal areas on matters of mutual concern.
- Recommends possible interventions for loss control and risk avoidance based on the outcome of the investigation.
- Assists with training of new associates.
- Requires a AA/AS and minimum of 4 years medical coding/auditing experience, including minimum of 1 year in fraud, waste abuse experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires coding certification (CPC, CCS, CPMA).
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT/HCPC coding guidelines and terminology and Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.