Location: Louisiana-90% Remote-10% Field/Office
For our Louisiana Medicaid Case Management area, serving the Healthy Blue plan members, the Nurse Case Manager I is responsible for performing care management within the scope of licensure for members with complex and chronic care needs by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum. Performs duties telephonically or in the field such as at hospitals, rehabs, Long-term acute care facilities, Skilled Nursing facilities, for discharge planning.
How you will make an impact;
- Ensures member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and a specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Implements care plan by facilitating authorizations/referrals as appropriate within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements.
- Coordinates internal and external resources to meet identified needs.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors and Physician Advisors on the development of care management treatment plans.
- Assists in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
Requires BA/BS in a health-related field and minimum of 3 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required. Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires BA/BS and 3 years of clinical care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Current and active RN license required in applicable state(s). Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Certification as a Case Manager
- Experience with the following populations: HIV, Hepatitis C and Sickle Cell disease
- Experience with working with the homeless and substance use disorders
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Teams
- Ability to travel up to 10% for field work
- Minimal in-office, up to 3 times per month
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.