A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
This is an individual contributor, remote role; however, it is preferred for the incumbent to live within a commutable distance of an Elevance Health office location. Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and holidays included.
The Medicaid RFP Development Director is responsible for functional expertise accountable for representing and applying the functional department’s core capabilities, strategies, and innovation for high priority Medicaid procurement opportunities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Partners with the local health plan and works cross-functionally to develop the proposal capture plan that identifies state issues/objectives, the local landscape, and other factors in order to create and execute robust strategies and programs to win by positioning the company to create the most responsive proposals.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive functional area market capture plans, built on deep market knowledge, trends and intelligence resulting competitive solutions and best-practices that meet state-specific needs and goals.
- Drives and facilitates the development and delivery of market-specific solutions, capabilities, partnerships, and innovations that strengthen competitive advantage and readiness for a health plans upcoming procurement.
- Builds, promotes, and secures agreement on the bid strategy; monitors, evaluates, and escalates the delivery of the strategy or given risks for the capture plan for the functional area.
- Accountable for translating the capture strategy to the proposal team to ensure its accurately represented and compelling to proposal evaluators; this includes providing significant input on assigned proposal sections, response messaging, content, and solutions throughout executive team reviews.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in business, public health, nursing, medicine, health care delivery, or a related field and a minimum of 7 years work related experience in Medicaid business and a minimum of 5 years of experience leading cross functional teams; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Current, unrestricted BH license preferred.
- BH substance abuse experience preferred.
- Previous managed care experience highly desired.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.