Referral Specialist I
Remote to all US locations
Monday-Friday- 8a-5p CST
$500.00 Sign-on Bonus
Aspire Health is the nation’s largest provider of home-based palliative care. We partner with health plans and physicians who share our vision of providing comprehensive, collaborative medical care to offer relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of serious illness in the comfort of a patient’s home.
The Referral Specialist serves as an integral part of the Operations Support Team to help Aspire achieve its mission “to develop the nation’s leading network of specialized physician practices that provides the highest quality medical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and families facing a serious illness”. The Referral Specialist position requires excellent attention to detail, professional collaboration with other associates, and the ability to remain motivated for high performance to be successful in this role.
How you will make an impact:
- Working from a list of referred patients who have wrong or disconnected numbers, utilize claims data and other various portals to obtain new/alternate contact information.
- This includes calling doctors’ offices and pharmacies.
- Faxing alternate number requests when needed.
- Prioritize the list of patients based off business need in order to maximize results (health plan enrolled in, length of time in research status, type of referral)
- Ensure all documentation in online patient chart is accurate and concise.
- Always demonstrate high quality customer service.
- Work collaboratively with all associates within the National Patient Care Center
- May be requested to cross train/support and perform other Operations Support Team job duties based on business demand.
- As tenure, familiarity, and comfort in the role increases, associates can be afforded new opportunities with additional responsibility.
- HS diploma or GED and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a high-volume, interactive customer service or call center environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- An exceptional customer service orientation featuring an empathetic, compassionate, and professional demeanor in every interaction.
- Remains positive and keeps forward momentum when faced with challenges.
- Strong oral and written and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry is strongly preferred.
- Strong data entry skills and ability to navigate multiple computer screens.
- Previous experience and success in a telephonic customer service call center
- Enjoys working in a team-based environment with active collaboration with remote associates to maximize success, while also being able to remain motivated while working independently.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $16.19 to $29.15
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.