This position is a remote position, however the successful hire should be located in Oklahoma, Oklahoma City area preferred. Frequent travel required.
The Military OneSource Community Outreach Manager ’s primary role is to educate service members and their families on the resources and services available through Military OneSource. There are many ways that this is accomplished including providing event support, community capacity building activities, and direct support. Event support could include Yellow Ribbon events, family days, drill weekend events, and more. Community Capacity building serves to educate military and civilian service providers so they can refer eligible service members and their families to Military OneSource and to identify local resources that can be vetted for potential use by the Military OneSource call centers and other providers as additional assistance. Activities might include Joining Community Forces and other service provider meetings, briefing military leaders, and more. Direct support activities serve individual service or family members with a specific need by educating them about Military OneSource resources and services available and/or referring them to other resources.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Engages members to educate about resources and services, assist with the resolution of issues, and assist in accessing correct care.
- Creates opportunities with events and presentations to reach and educate the community on programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community leaders, organizations, and churches and acts as a resource for organizations interested in company programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and executes growth and retention strategies with providers and leaders within the state.
- Conducts community-based outreach and education.
- Measures & tracks results through score carding and identify root causes that will enable assigned targets to be met within the assigned area.
- Delivers presentations attend meetings and distribute educational materials to members and non-members.
- Meets and presents to county and community officials.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in sociology, psychology, social work, public health, nursing or other related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
**Please note: This is a government contract position that requires the below qualifications:
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of military experience either as a member of the military, a spouse, or a provider directly serving the military.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be located in Oklahoma (Oklahoma City preferred)
- Must have knowledge of all branches and components of the military.
- Exceptional networking and negotiation skills, and strong public speaking/presentation skills, and previous consumer marketing and/or grassroots/community outreach experience.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strongly prefer experience in SharePoint.
- 50% travel within the state is required, as well as frequent weekend and evening hours as necessary.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must also be self motivated and proactive.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.