Responsible for researching and investigating other coverage for all of the company's groups and members. Performs multi complex functions and interprets complex rules, laws and contracts. Accountable for end-to-end functionality on every Coordination of Benefits (COB) function including reconciliation of claim, membership and accounting.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes internal queries, internal resource tools, must initiate delicate-in-nature phone calls to other carriers, members, groups, providers, attorneys, CMS and Medicaid and report to identify members who are or should be enrolled in other coverage.
- Aides members in enrolling in Medicare when they are entitled. Updates all of the company's membership system components with investigation results for claim coordination.
- Ensures correct forms are provided to assist members enrolling in Medicare.
- Reviews claim history to reconcile processed, pended or recovered in any error.
- Associate must identify the correct formulas in order to adjudicates impacted claims, using multiple COB Formulas for the various product types, pursuant to State and Federal Guidelines.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year of claims processing and/or customer service and a minimum of 1 year coordination of benefits experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Knowledge of NAIC & CMS COB guidelines strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, PC skills, database system, and related software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.