Mgr Pharmacy Distribution Operations
Location: 5 days/week on-site in Altamonte Springs, FL
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy is now part of CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx), and a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. Together, CarelonRx and BioPlus offer consumers and providers an unparalleled level of service that's easy and focused on whole health. Through our distinct clinical expertise, digital capabilities, and broad access to specialty medications across a wide range of conditions, we deliver an elevated experience, affordability, and personalized support throughout the consumer's treatment journey.
The Manager, Pharmacy Distribution Operations is responsible for overseeing specific areas of pharmacy services, programs, and personnel and is responsible for provision of all facets of pharmaceutical care related to patients/consumers of the pharmacy services.
How you will make an impact:
- Ensures safe, timely, efficient, compliant, and productive workflows in the operational and service areas in their areas of oversight and may be responsible for the direct supervision of any combination of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy learners, pharmacists, or support staff who work within their scope of responsibility.
- Project management, oversight and involvement will range from independent work on small projects, to leading teams on large scale changes.
- Projects may involve departments external to pharmacy and the Pharmacy Manager will work with other teams/departments to ensure that the activities and contributions align with priorities and timelines for the organization.
- Collaborates with the pharmacy leadership team, including the Director of Pharmacy and the Staff Vice President of Pharmacy Operations.
- Oversee daily fulfillment and PV2 operations.
- Supervise and lead the provision of safe, timely, efficient, equitable, effective, and patient-centered pharmacy distribution services.
- Hold staff accountable to standards of the department.
- Responsible for understanding, compliance, and participation in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement, and accreditation guidelines ensuring achievement of excellence in quality patient care.
- Serve as the liaison to coordinate compliance and regulatory issues for areas of responsibility.
- Support fulfillment technician workflows to drive quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Support PV2 clinical pharmacy workflows and practice expectations through operational planning.
- Develop and/or maintain policies and procedures for pharmacy fulfillment and distribution in collaboration with the pharmacy leadership team.
- Identify opportunities to redesign systems of oversight to maximize performance (i.e.: labor and operational efficiency).
- Review reports and records for medication errors, adverse drug events, and/or ineffective service, taking appropriate corrective action.
- Participate in department’s strategic plan development and execution of assigned goals.
- Identify and develop business cases for operational services based upon anticipated future needs, operational advancement, and organizational priorities.
- Participate and/or lead, as pharmacy representative, organization quality improvement initiatives/projects.
- Serve as a pharmacy team liaison to interdisciplinary team members for areas of responsibility.
- Select, train, develop and motivate a competent staff to meet and surpass goals and objectives.
- Requires an RPh and a minimum of 3 years pharmacy experience and a minimum of 3 years management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted state license to practice pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) in applicable state(s) required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- PharmD preferred.
- Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP) credential achieved or willing to obtain within 1 year of employment strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with specialty pharmacy fulfillment and dispensing operations strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with mail order and/or retail pharmacy compliance.
- Knowledge of DEA, FDA and state regulations preferred.
- Experience interpreting compliance requirements and regulations preferred.
- Experience working with State Boards of Pharmacy regarding complaints, issue resolution, inspection and central fill requirements preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.