Patient Financial Coordinator
Location: Onsite - Must reside within 50 miles of Altamonte, FL.
Work Shift(s) 9:00am - 6:00pm, 10:00 am-7:00pm, 11:00am-8:00pm ( EST)
The Patient Financial Coordinator is responsible for processing and coordinating financial assistance.
How you will make an impact:
- Takes inbound calls, makes outbound calls, and assists in scheduling patient orders.
- Understands a patient's financial need and assists with coordinating and enrolling in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and/or foundation assistance program.
- Communicates and collaborates with patients, physicians, and payors providing them with the necessary information and supporting financial documents. Keeps appropriate parties abreast of the patients' financial requests.
- Documents and communicates the patient's medical record and financial assistance information.
- Acts as a liaison between the billing and collection departments to assist in resolving financial assistance matters.
- Stays updated with Federal, State, and contractual regulations regarding copay assistance and manufacturer programs.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of healthcare experience with verification of financials; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience
- Call center experience, medical terminology, pharmacy billing, or collection experience highly preferred.
- Foundation assistance experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal are highly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.