Pharmacy Technician- Fulfillment
On-site: 376 Northlake Blvd. Altamonte Springs, FL 37201
The ideal candidate must reside within 50 miles of Altamonte Springs, FL.
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy is now part of CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx), and a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. Together, CarelonRx and BioPlus offer consumers and providers an unparalleled level of service that’s easy and focused on whole health. Through our distinct clinical expertise, digital capabilities, and broad access to specialty medications across a wide range of conditions, we deliver an elevated experience, affordability, and personalized support throughout the consumer’s treatment journey.
The Pharmacy Technician Fulfillment is responsible for preparing and labeling prescriptions. Counts, weighs, measures, and pours prescription medication or stock legend drugs and controlled substances including the filling of an automated medication system.
How you will make an impact:
- Utilizes pharmacy’s adjudication platform, to enter required information to record all legal requirements for preparation of prescription verification by Pharmacist.
- Maintain compliance with regulations from applicable State Board of Pharmacy, local, state, and federal requirements as it pertains to prescriptions.
- Communicates with prescribers, customers, other staff, and any other entity required to complete prescription.
- Assists the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Arranges work activities so that the pharmaceutical needs of customers are met.
- Answers phones, responds to questions and requests or refers them to appropriate staff for medication information.
- Verifies data entry information.
- Maintains records by recording and filling physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Checks medications and administration supply inventory for out-of-date products, removes products from inventory and works with the appropriate resource to record out of date products.
- Maintains a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Requires H.S. diploma or equivalent and minimum of 1 year experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician and previous experience in pharmacy environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Valid Registered Pharmacy Technician required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board certificate preferred.
- Experience with pharmacy adjudication platform preferred.
- Experience in dispensing pharmacy setting preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacy terminology strongly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.