Agile Product Owner Sr.
This positions location is flexible. The expectation will be that the Business Analyst III is within 50 miles of an Elevance Health location. This position will report to the office 0-3 times per month.
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Medical Benefits Management, formerly AIM Specialty Health, is a benefit-management leader in Illinois. Our platform delivers significant cost-of-care savings across an expanding set of clinical domains, including radiology, cardiology and oncology.
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Post Acute Solutions, formerly myNEXUS, is the leader in health resource optimization, focused on transforming how healthcare is delivered and promoting the advancement of care for the people we serve.
The Agile Product Owner Sr. is responsible for acting as a member of the Agile leadership team and is the functional and/or client (or business) representative for a project or set of projects within a market-focus to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and business value delivered.
How you will make an impact:
- Serves as the customer proxy and therefore is the liaison between the business and the Scrum Teams; translating features into user stories within a teams backlog and managing, ranking and prioritizing this backlog so that it is reflective of stakeholder requirements and priorities.
- Final testing and acceptance of the user stories supporting the features. Effectively communicate to the team the stakeholder needs so the teams delivery meets both contractual requirements and established acceptance criteria, including expected quality and performance and to complete various work management activities according to defined service level commitments and process compliancy guidelines.
- Collaborate with team(s) to discover and deliver the best solution to the market problem(s) presented by the Product Manager (business).
- Works with the business to understand coordinate ranking and prioritize business needs and plan solutions to ensure that each release provides business value to end users sales and marketing.
- Manage the solution concept development process to ensure the product team understand the direction and vision.
- Create and maintain regularly backlog of work through the project's life cycle. Understands how to write user stories and their acceptance criteria.
- Translates the product backlog into user stories.
- Serve as the Product Management (business) proxy and decision point to represent the stakeholders in the project.
- Reviews and accepts/rejects results both during a Sprint and in the Sprint review.
- Attends sprint ceremonies and is available to team during the sprint for clarifications and acceptance of user stories.
- Creates and/or inputs into a projects release plan.
- Presents work to team from Team Backlog during Sprint Planning for acceptance by the Team in a Sprint negotiates Sprint goals with the Team.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 5 years experience with writing business/functional requirements and experience implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Project/Product management experience and certifications preferred.
- Leading SAFe (SA) certification, CSPO or equivalent (Certified Scrum Product Owner) and/or SPO/PM (SAFE Product Owner/Product Manager) strongly preferred.
- Healthcare/Prior Authorization expereince strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $87,440 to $104,928.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.