How you will make an Impact:
The Configuration Engineer Sr. is responsible for supporting the test environments used to support Regional, Enterprise and/or other special project releases.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works directly with customers to define environment requirements and leads the environment set-up and maintenance.
- Monitors system performance and capacity for all test environments and troubleshoots environmental issues.
- Sets up and executes jobs to extract and manipulate test data, executes database changes and works with the database to ensure data related needed are handled efficiently.
- Leads test environment design or request meetings.
- Manages and executes the build, installation scripts and deployment scripts.
- Manages and maintains migrations between each tool promotion levels and the associated testing or production environment.
- Performs code migrations and may prepare, merge, and version code for production builds.
- Compiles release notes to summarize contents of each migration and creates scripts to migrate code.
- Works with the release team to transition from development to production.
- Build and maintain products focused on application development lifecycle automation.
- Work with the cloud engineering team to build continuous integration and continuous deployment practices and products.
- Evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions and develop standardized best practices for use within the customers environment.
- Meet with ADOs on a regular cadence to provide support and identify opportunities for innovation. Also serve as a main point of contact for all technical needs and become the subject matter expert of the applications the team manages.
- Lead Jr. DevOps team members and application owners to help build a standard approach to the development lifecycle, automate logging, monitoring, approval workflows, or other tasks as needed.
- Responsible and accountable for following up on incidents, changes, and application release problems through the management channels.
- Assist cloud engineering in designing and incorporating DevOps tool sets into container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), or Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures.
- Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations.
- Maintain domain knowledge expertise in cloud operations and DevOps best practices.
- Configure continuous testing and security pipelines.
- Establish and maintain GitOps practices to manage configuration and changes of infrastructure.
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 4 years of IT experience, including application development experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five year.
Preferred skills, capabilities, and experiences:
- Multiple trade certifications and multi-platform experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with industry leading configuration management software is strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.