Community Outreach Care Specialist
Must reside in the state of Massachusetts.
Ideal candidate would be within 50 Miles of the Boston area.
Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:00pm EST
*This position requires 100% field work
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Beacon Health Options/Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership (Beacon/MBHP) is seeking to hire a Community Outreach Care Specialist based in western/central Massachusetts for the Hospital to Housing (H2H) program. H2H is an exciting initiative that helps chronically homeless high utilizers of inpatient behavioral health services access permanent housing, outpatient behavioral health and primary care, and other supportive services.
The Community Outreach Care Specialist candidate will join a team of Community Outreach Care Specialist who play a pivotal role in this unique program. He/she will identify homeless Beacon/MBHP Members who are eligible for participation, assist them with accessing housing and other necessary services, and provide support to reduce hospitalizations and improve health outcomes.
The Community Outreach Care Specialist will also support formerly homeless individuals who have already been housed in securing health care and other resources.
How you will make an impact:
- Assesses member compliance with medical treatment plans via telephone or through on-site visits. Identifies barriers to plan compliance and coordinates resolutions.
- Use data extracts to identify homeless individuals who are frequently hospitalized for behavioral health reasons.
- Visit individuals in inpatient behavioral health settings to establish rapport and solid working relationships.
- Identifies opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Assis homeless and formally homeless individuals with accessing primary care, mental health care, and substance use disorder treatment.
- Assist individuals with navigating healthcare and other systems.
- Assist individuals with applying for benefits (e.g., SSI, SSDI, SNAP) and working toward income maximization.
- Utilize motivational interviewing and harm reduction techniques.
- Perform MassHealth eligibility status checks and troubleshoot eligibility of members.
- Make referrals as needed.
- Recommends treatment plan modifications and determines need for additional services, in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 1 year related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Certified Community Health Workers preferred.
- Certified Nurse Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant and/or BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.