Location : The territory for this position is the State of Texas. The selected candidate must reside in Houston or Dallas/Fort Worth, TX.
How you will make an impact:
Responsible for the development, implementation, and continued maintenance of population-based and disease management programs to improve member experience with the plan.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Sets regional strategies related to a standardized approach to preventative health management activities.
- Serves as a community liaison and participates in county and community coalitions that involve strategic planning and implementation of public health programs that benefit populations with Social Determinant of Health (SDOH) barriers.
- Analyzes the health, benefits, and social education needs of members via the contractual needs assessment and implements a plan to resolve deficiencies.
- Links members to local health and social services programs.
- Manages internal and external communications as they relate to health and disease management programs and initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison with employers, vendors, and providers so that programs and data are shared appropriately.
- Designs and coordinates member events (in person or virtual) to share important information regarding plan benefits and support, health topics, and other pertinent areas of interest or need. Collaborates with providers and community organizations to connect members to needed care, information, and services.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience in health care/managed care and with data analysis and interpretation; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Master’s degree in Public Health
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Ability to comprehend medical policy and criteria to clearly articulate health information is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication competency
- Health promotion or community health experience
- Working knowledge of Medicare, HEDIS, Stars measures
- Travel may be required. If the selected candidate resides in a location within one hour commute from an office, they will be required to work from the office at least once per week.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.