Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
The Military OneSource state consultant’s primary role is to educate service members and their families on the resources and services available through Military OneSource. There are many ways that this is accomplished including providing event support, community capacity building activities, and direct support. Event support could include Yellow Ribbon events, family days, drill weekend events, and more. Community Capacity building serves to educate military and civilian service providers so they can refer eligible service members and their families to Military OneSource and to identify local resources that can be vetted for potential use by the Military OneSource call centers and other providers as additional assistance. Activities might include Joining Community Forces and other service provider meetings, briefing military leaders, and more. Direct support activities serve individual service or family members with a specific need by educating them about Military OneSource resources and services available and/or referring them to other resources.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Engages members to mitigate disenrollment, resolve complex member issues, and assist in accessing correct care.
- Creates opportunities with events and presentations to reach and educate the community on company programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community leaders, organizations, and churches and acts as resource for organizations interested in company programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and executes growth and retention strategies with providers within assigned territories.
- Conducts community based new member intake and orientation.
- Measures & tracks results through score carding and identify root causes that will enable assigned retention targets to be met within assigned area.
- Delivers presentations, attends meetings, and distributes educational materials to member and non-members.
- Meets and presents to county and community officials.
- Develops and manages area budget.
- Requires BA/BS degree, 5 years of military experience either as a member of the military, a spouse, or a provider; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Must have knowledge of all branches of the military.
- Requires exceptional networking and negotiation skills, and strong public speaking/presentation skills, and previous consumer marketing and/or grassroots/community outreach experience.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Strongly prefer experience in SharePoint.
- 50% travel within the state is required, as well as frequent weekend and evening hours as necessary.
- Must be able to work independently.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.