A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Account Service Manager
Responsible for providing advanced customer service representation and strategic planning for large accounts. The ideal candidate for this position will have a healthcare background, be skilled at strategic planning, operations, project management and business analysis. This individual will organize cross-functional teams, drive projects & ongoing deliverables and to be able to track & report on the status of the aforementioned.
How will you make an impact:
- Provides strategic planning and account management for large accounts.
- Directs and manages the administration of contractual requirements and obligations.
- Leads cross-functional teams to design and implement new processes and regulatory requirements.
- Experience gathering business requirements and documenting them in project charters for enhancements to software systems and processes.
- Experience defining scope and return on investment for projects.
- Experience creating business cases and project charters for new projects.
- Experience collaborating with technical project managers to define requirements for technical solutions.
- Experience in assisting in conducting analysis including data analysis and leading root cause analysis reviews.
- Oversees and monitors operations KPIs, SLAs and performance guarantees for accounts and follows up as needed, including additional analysis to ID root cause and follow up to remediate.
- Experience estimating resource costs and timelines for projects.
- Experience creating business requirements documents.
- Experience managing and defining business processes and documenting them in Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with business process design and optimization
- Manages the new and renewal implementation process for accounts.
- Interfaces with operations and shared services groups to ensure smooth delivery of services.
- Maintains ongoing account relationships at multiple levels throughout the customers' organizations.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to meet customers' expectations.
- Provides both on-site and off-site customer service, which may include interpreting plan design, researching and resolving phone and written inquiries, resolving claims, benefit, and enrollment issues.
- Coordinates open enrollment meetings, renewal process and training sessions.
**This position is a hybrid role (1-2 days in the office)**
**Monday-Friday 8 am 5 pm EST**
- Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 3 years of experience managing business operations and/or customer relationship; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Travels to worksite and other locations, as necessary.
- Travel up to 25% may be required.
- 3 years of experience in program/project management, including experience with a strong focus on client interactions; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Requires experience with reporting/dashboarding and analytics/metrics, so must have intermediate proficiency with Excel.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to manage complex projects.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.