Infrastructure Services - DevOps Engineer
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live in the state of Georgia or within 50 miles of one of our Pulse Point locations.
The Infrastructure Services - DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivery of end-to-end development and maintenance of complex, multi technology platforms and automation pipelines within assigned group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms. A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx) leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical first lens, to deliver member centered, lasting pharmacy care.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for of end-to-end development and maintenance of Enterprise-wide technology platforms, pipelines, and cloud infrastructure
- Maintains alignment with internal stakeholders, product development, business and other enterprise teams to determine devops & infrastructure technical requirements for automation and infrastructure
- Leads technical requirements for automation and infrastructure gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads the release and deployment change process and will coordinate with other teams as necessary
- May implement process to reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes to operate more efficiently
- Performs technical reviews and architectural reviews with the product teams.
- Ensures source code merge processes are complete and meets the test plan technical requirements for automation and infrastructure, system testing is completed, and system is implemented according to plan.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 4 years of IT experience, including application development experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Multiple trade certifications and multi-platform experience is strongly preferred.
- Rational Unified Process and Rational Tool Suite experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge with CI/CD concepts and tools preferred
- Good understanding of Agile methodology and Release management process preferred
- Experience working in Docker or OpenShift 4 or EKS as well as Helm preferred
- Experience supporting Java and/or .NET-based applications from development through operation preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Experience deploying and supporting core AWS services including IAM, EC2, RDS, Route53, as well as networking and storage technologies preferred
- Fluency in IAC tools such as Terraform, Packer, and Cloud Formation strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of containerization and familiarity with Kubernetes concepts preferred
- Understanding of webservice and event-based application design patterns preferred
- Experience using a configuration framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet to manage Windows and/or Linux-based workloads preferred
- Good understanding of cloud networking, load balancing, identity policy management, firewalls, etc, preferred
- Strong experience with Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo) for pipeline configuration and CI/CD automation preferred
- Terraform and CloudFormation experience for Infrastructure as a code is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Kubernetes or ECS or Redhat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) based container services preferred
- Experience with EC2, AMI’s and related app/web server configuration preferred
- Experience with Kubectl and HELM chart-based deployments preferred
- Security scanning integration experience (to the CI/CD pipeline) is preferred
- Any understanding of related tool is preferred
- Gitlab experience is preferred
- Application Performance Monitoring/ Configuration experience preferred
- Working with Elastic search, dashboards like Grafana, Prometheus is preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.