Patient Enrollment Specialist I
Locations: Open to ALL US States
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
$1,000 Employee Referral Bonus
The Patient Enrollment Specialist is responsible for new patient acquisition. The role is critical to drive the growth of the organization and meet our enrollment commitments to our customers and partners. The role focuses on reaching out to prospective patients to explain services, addressing a variety of inquiries, gathering feedback, and scheduling the initial in-home appointment.
The Patient Enrollment Specialist has an ability to react very quickly and be nimble in providing responses and meeting the needs of the patient and our internal team members in a timely, calm, and professional manner.
You are the first person our newly referred patients interact with at Aspire. Your mission is to develop a deep level of trust for patients in the most vulnerable chapter of life, understanding their needs, engaging the patient on how Aspire can best support them & their families, and orchestrating the initial engagement with our clinical team.
- Major activities include:
- Making outbound calls for prospective patients and working to ensure the efficient scheduling of initial in-home appointments
- Ensuring that the patient receives a detailed explanation of Aspire’s services
- Expedite emergency clinical calls as needed
- Process new appointments or changes to existing appointment
- Own, manage, convert, and enrolling an assigned referral base
- Ramp new Advance Practice Provider’s census and maintain APPs at target census
- Schedule appointments at the “best time” by considering the needs of our patients within the context of the APP’s overall schedule and availability
- Demonstrate compassion for individual needs, attention to detail, and collaborating with other team members are critical success factors of this role
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and continuous improvement while participating in the call quality monitoring processes
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with other corporate and field based team members to ensure patients receive exceptional service
- Document accurate and concise patient/family feedback and special needs during each call in our computer systems, enabling our market-based clinicians to provide excellent care during each appointment
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications - External:
Minimum Requirements :
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least 3-5 years of comparable work experience.
- Previous telephonic and / or face to face sales experience strongly preferred.
- Able to work the schedule for this position- M-Fri 9am-6pm CST.
*Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Hourly Pay Range*: $/16.20hr - $27.00/hr
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.