Job Title: Business Info Developer Consultant
Viewed as an expert in the development and execution of data warehouse related activities. Primary duties may include but are not limited to: Undertakes complex assignments requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, and data integrity issues. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Expert level PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in SSIS tool and programming/query languages is strongly preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization is strongly preferred.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with business in translating high-level requirements to technical solutions.
- Solving complex technical data engineering problems by providing code changes and patch releases.
- Identify opportunities to automate and improve development processes.
- Owns the change request process and coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Maintains active relationships with business and cross team to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Understanding of CI/CD tools, data governance and Agile project management skills.
- Experience in production support from Level 1 to Level 3.
- Experience in Health Care Domain preferred.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide the data required to make effective business decisions.
- Performs modeling of information sources and flows.
- Conducts training on use of applications developed.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- PC, spreadsheet, and database skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with ETL Tool: DataStage, SSIS or similar technologies.
- Strong SQL and analytical skills.
- Experience developing APIs will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing data pipelines in cloud platforms; in-depth knowledge of various core AWS services such as IAM, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, ECS, EMR/Spark, SQS, SNS, Glue suite-ETL job, Data Catalog, Crawler, Data sync, Cloud Health, CloudWatch, Lambda, Athena, Quicksight, DMS and Redshift.
- Experience working with relational databases including Oracle, SQL Server, T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Experience working in event driven architecture; hands-on experience working with JSON and tool - RabbitMQ.
- Experience working with Sybase and MongoDB is a plus.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.