Outreach Care Specialist - Onsite Target Store -Milwaukee, WI
Must reside within 25 miles to store locations.
The Outreach Care Specialist is responsible for serving as a liaison/connector between the Target, Inc. team members, and the community. Helps to bridge conversations with Target, Inc.’s team members and remove barriers that prevent them from accessing health and social services. Conducts telephonic and/or face-to-face outreach to Target, Inc. team members for appointment scheduling, social determinant of health needs assessment, and care gap closure.
How you will make an impact:
Working shifts are during daytime hours, and are subject to variability based on need, day of the week, and client preference. Associates will work 1 Saturday per month, scheduled in advance.
- Meets Target, Inc. team members in assigned Target, Inc. stores to help identify social determinants of health impacting patient’s health and general well-being.
- Collaborates with social workers and/or care managers to develop action plan.
- Develops trusting relationship with Target Inc. team members by providing support and advocacy to help achieve health goals.
- Builds strong relationships with the Target, Inc. team members and Target, Inc. management, through walking the store and interacting with team members.
- Assists Target Inc. team members in accessing health-related services and community resources, such as assistance with enrollment forms.
- Facilitates communication between all parties (Target Inc. team members and community-based organizations) as needed.
- Documents interactions in electronic medical records and completes all other required documentation in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and completes training as required.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 1-year related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- We encourage people of all experiences and backgrounds to apply. Even if you don't think you meet the qualifications, apply anyway if you are excited about the opportunity and willing to learn.
- Experience in a Community- based or Social Work or experience in Case Management Care Coordination and/or any combination of education and experience which provide an equivalent background.
- Certified nurse assistant or certified medical assistant and/or BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.