LTSS Service Coordinator - RN Clinician UAS
Location: Field Based: May cover any area located within the Bronx, Manhattan, and/or Long Island
The LTSS Service Coordinator - RN Clinician UAS is responsible for overall management of member's case within the scope of licensure; provides supervision and direction to non-RN clinicians participating in the member's case in accordance with applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing tele-video or face-to-face clinical assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Identifies members for high risk complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Manages members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual care plan.
- Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- The RN has overall responsibility to develop the care plan for services for the member and ensures the member's access to those services.
- May assist with the implementation of member care plans by facilitating authorizations/referrals for utilization of services, as appropriate, within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements, as permissible.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors, Physician Advisors and/or Inter-Disciplinary Teams on the development of care management treatment plans.
- May also assist in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues. Works with members of the interdisciplinary team and other licensed professionals, in coordinating services for the member by, which may include but not limited to: CHA-UAS assessments and conducting additional assessments, as necessary, to develop, monitor, evaluate, and revise the member's care plan to meet the member's needs.
- Requires an RN and minimum of 3 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
- Travel required.
- MA/MS in Health/Nursing preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish, Korean, Bengali, Mandarin and/or Cantonese preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.