Outreach Care Specialist
Location: Must reside in the State of Connecticut
Remote w/2 weeks training in office
Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:00p EST
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
The Outreach Care Specialist is responsible for ensuring that appropriate member treatment plans are followed on less complex cases and for proactively identifying ways to improve the health of our members and meet quality goals.
How you will make an impact:
- Coordinates follow-up care plan needs for members by scheduling appointments or enrolling members in programs.
- Identifies barriers to plan compliance and coordinates resolutions.
- Identifies opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Coordinates identification of and referral to local, state or federally funded programs.
- Prepares reports to document case and compliance updates.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with agencies identified in appropriate contract.
- Telephone and/or face to face support to members and families to offer care coordination, support and information. Members may need help navigating the system, completing t applications (i.e. Voluntary Services, SSI, System of Care), locating non –traditional supports, and learning about self-advocacy skills.
- Participate in a Local Area Team approach to care management to enhance member treatment by identifying resources, access to care, identifying barriers to care and gaps in service.
- Work closely with the Care Management and Peer staff to coordinate services as well as community-based systems of care by leading the facilitation of the Wrap Around Care Coordination model.
- Care Coordinators will make home visits; meet with parents; enter data in computer system; search databases for appropriate resources.
- Collaborate with the Department of Developmental Services, Department of Children and Families, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, and the Department of Social Services as necessary to support members.
- Build, develop and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with providers and support organizations by establishing a local presence and by attending meetings.
- Outreach to, and work with family and individual advocacy groups across the state.
- Work with diverse teams that require independent work initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 1 year related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Experience in Autism.
- Experience in Behavioral Health.
- May require member facing.
- BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.