MUST LIVE WITHIN 1.5 HOUR COMMUTE OF THE MANASSAS, VA AREA
Responsible for overall management of member's individual service plan within the scope of position, as required by applicable state law and contract.
How you will make an impact:
- Performing telephonic or face-to-face history and program needs assessments using a tool with pre-defined questions for the identification, evaluation, coordination, and management of member's program needs.
- Using tools and pre-defined identification process, identifies members with potential clinical health care needs (including, but not limited to, potential for high-risk complications) and coordinates those member's cases with the clinical healthcare management and interdisciplinary team in order to provide care coordination support. The process does not involve clinical judgment.
- Manages non-clinical needs of members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of services.
- Establishes short- and long-term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, and physicians. Identifies members that would benefit from expanded services.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working directly with people related to the specific program population or other related community-based organizations; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Travels to worksite and other locations as necessary.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- MA/MS degree highly recommended
- BA/BS degree field of study in health care related field (EX: Human Services)
- QMHP certification.
- Behavioral/Mental Health experience
Specific education and years and type of experience may be required based upon state law and contract requirements.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.