Senior Automation Developer
Locations: Indianapolis, IN; Harrisburg, PA; Baltimore, MD; Denison, TX; Hingham, MA or Portland, ME. This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). An ideal candidate must live within 50 miles of one of the above Elevance Health PulsePoint locations listed above.
The Senior Automation Developer is responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system. Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and minimum of 5 years experience with multi dimensional platform, business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Expert level abilities automating process using UiPath is preferred.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and be able to interpret business requirements and produce functional/technical specifications is highly preferred.
- Experience on RPA Platforms like Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, WDG, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to work in a structured environment utilizing source control, CI/CD, Agile methodologies, with a high focus on quality.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement & development best practices
- Experience communicating with customer; understanding requirements, documenting & defining flow.
- Experience in process analysis is highly preferred.
- Experience with workflow and content management tools is desirable though not required.
- Experience leading people, small projects and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.