Referral and Resource Specialist, Senior
Location: MUST RESIDE IN MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, CONNECTICUT, RHODE ISLAND OR NEW YORK.
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
We are looking for candidates to work on the new Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line with knowledge of behavioral health social services and insurance systems, and a deep understanding of the factors that impact a person’s experiences in the mental health system, including but not limited to, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, language proficiency, religion, disability status, socioeconomic status, criminogenic risk, and history of trauma.
As a Referral and Resource Specialist or Referral and Resource Specialist Senior, you will be responsible for screening, assessing, training, and providing telephonic intervention/de-escalation for helpline callers using established protocols to determine an immediate course of action. It is a nationwide network.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days out of the year. This is a 24-hour call center, open 365 days, with varied 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts to include weekends. Training is Monday-Friday 10a-6p EST.
How you will make an impact:
- For the MA Behavioral Health Helpline, takes inbound calls, texts and chats who may be in crisis. Performs safety screenings and assessments to discern presence and acuity of risk to the safety of the individual or others.
- Uses information provided by the caller and obtained during the screenings and assessments to accurately understand the individual's needs and develop a plan of action in collaboration with the individual.
- Completes appropriate, timely, and accurate documentation of interactions in accordance with established criteria.
- Provides linkage follow-up as directed to assure individual accessed services.
- Coordinates with other agencies, organizations and individuals to insure optimal use of resources, services and natural support systems. Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
This position can be filled as a Referral and Resource Specialist or Referral and Resource Specialist Senior . The hiring manager will determine the level, based on the candidate’s experience and background.
Referral and Resource Specialist
- Requires a HS diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of 1 year of experience in behavioral health or a minimum of 6 months of direct crisis experience to include screenings and assessments to determine appropriate interventions; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Referral and Resource Specialist Senior
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a mental health or other human services field; and a minimum of 3 years of experience in behavioral health or a minimum of 2 years of direct crisis experience to include screenings and assessments to determine appropriate interventions; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Qualifications :
Referral and Resource Specialist
- BS/BA degree in a mental health or other human services field and two years of experience working directly with individuals in need of behavioral health services strongly preferred. Certain contracts require a BS/BA degree.
Referral and Resource Specialist Senior
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a mental health or other human services field; and a minimum of 3 years of experience in behavioral health or a minimum of 2 years of direct crisis experience to include screenings and assessments to determine appropriate interventions; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Master's degree and 5 years of experience working directly with individuals in need of behavioral health services strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the hourly* range for this specific position is $22.04 to $39.68.
Locations: New York
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.