Job Title: Customer Care Representative I
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office) . The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations in Indianapolis, IN or Cincinnati, OH.
As a Customer Care Representative, you will act as a trusted advisor and educator on health care related inquires. You will guide our customers to a better healthcare experience, working every day to make healthcare easy by the service you provide. If you want to be a part of this exciting team, make a difference in someone’s life and help make healthcare easy, apply today!
*$500 Sign on Bonus Included
How you will make an impact:
• From the moment you login, you’ll be focused on proactively resolving our members and/or providers questions and concerns using computer-based resources to find answers
• You will guide members and providers with their healthcare needs by explaining benefits, solving claim concerns, helping find a doctor via telephone calls, online chats or e-mails.
• You will partner internally to create a seamless experience for our customers and resolve potential issues.
Here’s what Elevance Health offers:
• A career path with opportunity for growth
• Ability to obtain your Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or further your education with tuition reimbursement.
• Affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and Basic Life
• 401K match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
• Quarterly incentive bonus and annual increases plan based on performance.
At Elevance Health, the team is comprised of the best and the brightest from diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds. The differences we each bring to the table are a part of what makes our company so successful.
• Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
• Ability to work 9:00am-5:30pm EST after training
• Must have 100% attendance during the first 90 days of training
• Ability to work from home with hard-wired internet access and a quiet and private workspace
• A passion for serving others with the ability to be empathetic and the desire to go above and beyond to help resolve members questions at the first point of contact
• A customer advocate willing to listen and find creative solutions to address and resolve customers questions, issues or concerns
• A composed individual able to multi-task, navigating multiple computer applications and working efficiently while communicating and serving the customer
• Must have a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to your teammates and our members, demonstrated by the simplest things like being on time and available to meet member’s needs, to being accountable for commitments made to customers or others and ensuring follow-ups are completed.
• Flexible and quick learner, willing to adapt to changing customer and business needs.
• Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.