Responsible for designing, leading and overseeing execution of large-scale and complex multi-state negotiations with key provider groups and hospital systems. Unique opportunity to drive change across the broader Elevance footprint and partner with key, national relationships through differentiated and customized arrangements.
- Support/lead effective complex contracting and multi-state negotiations for all lines of businesses across throughout the region, including fee-for-service and value-based care agreements, in parallel.
- Design robust and comprehensive renewal strategies for select national health systems, enabling a transition from fee-based reimbursement to value-based care over time, and reports results through various venues to senior leaders.
- Oversee national Joint Operating Committees with key national partners, ensuring a comprehensive and cohesive/streamlined operational relationship.
- Actively participate in strategic discussions/assessments related to network strategy, relationship management, operational efficiencies, performance improvement opportunities and issue resolution tactics for select national health system partners.
- Serve as a regional mentor by training, educating, and coaching associates on contract negotiation and relationship management tactics, best practices, lessons learned, etc.
- Support local markets in identifying/standing up key deliverables that are a result of larger, national provider agreements.
- Collaborate and coordinate with shared business partners, including but not limited to Healthcare Economics, Provider Operations, Value Based, National and Local Healthcare Networks to achieve outcomes and establish improvements/enhancements.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of leadership/management experience in health care management, marketing products, and managing significant business results; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Previous P&L and/or project management experience in health care setting; excellent quantitative, marketing, financial, and strategic skills strongly preferred.
- Travels to worksite and other locations as necessary.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $190,848 to $286,272
Location: New York, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.