Cloud Big Data Engineer Lead
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live in the state of Georgia or within 50 miles of one of our Pulse Point locations.
The Cloud Big Data Engineer Lead is responsible for full delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on medium Enterprise wide technology platforms. A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx) leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical first lens, to deliver member centered, lasting pharmacy care.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products.
- May implement improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems.
- May implement process to reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes in order to operate more efficiently.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years related experience; multi platform, multi-dimensional experience, and expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Experience mentoring others and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred.
- Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.