Location: PST, MST or CST preferred
* This position will take part in Elevance Health's hybrid work model which includes virtual work and 1-2 days in office per week. *
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm PST/MST or 10:30-7 CST, other hours may be required
The Health Promotion Consultant is responsible for ensuring contract compliance with state mandated cultural and linguistic, health education requirements, or other programs required by contracts. Telephonic outreach to Medicare/Medicaid members to identify and address social determinants of health (SDoH). Social Worker strongly preferred. MSW, BSW preferred.
How you will make an impact:
- Assists with the State/Region/Local Needs Assessment document and identifies/develops resources to meet health education needs.
- Defines the marketing environment through development of key stakeholder criteria, identification of desirable community partners, availability of local programs and opportunities for marketing programs and services.
- Provides/promotes provider training to assure compliance with government mandated health education programs and the health education referral system.
- Establishes positive relationships with community based organizations and other key partners to gain understanding of the cultural and linguistic needs of members.
- Recommends health education & community resource programs based on analysis of State/Regional/Local health statistics, disease prevalence, census data, and health care service usage.
- Maps community based assets and collaborates with key stakeholders to leverage available resources for development of new and accessibility to existing health education/promotion programs.
- Develops and implements strategies that promote local health education resources and address identified member health education & SDoH needs.
- Conducts SDoH & behavioral assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills, and social needs.
- Links members to local health and social services programs.
Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- MSW strongly preferred
- LMSW/LGSW/LSW licensing strongly preferred
- Experience with social determinants of health (SDoH) and geriatric population strongly preferred
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid
- Relevant call center and/or health care specific professional experience
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $56,720 to $102,096.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.