Title : Infrastructure Services Engineer II
Location : Atlanta, GA
Hours : Standard
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
Performs analysis and research of systems and networks. Responsible for ensuring Network Management health through the use of switching, racking, diagnosing and troubleshooting. Reviews detailed business and technical requirements in order to recommend technical solutions.
How you will make an impact:
- Provides second level component design and simple solution design; creates solutions that solve randomly occurring problems.
- Working independently to address Networking and Infrastructure/System issues involving troubleshooting and diagnosing.
- Maintain IT DSystems through racking, cabling and creating new cables when necessary.
- Performs design tasks for systems and networks based on business requirements.
- Designs standard and repetitive network and system upgrades.
- Helps define the detailed architecture requirements for an application/technology to conform to the current architecture and standards.
- Consults to projects and application support groups regarding architecture concerns.
- Designs and configures vendor services orders for repetitive services and oversees implementation.
- Requires an AA/AS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 1 year related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a data center environment is highly preferred.
- TCP/IP layer 1 to 7 technical skills to troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving problems, as well as implementing and designing network solutions is highly desirable.
- Experience with switch upgrades, circuit provisioning/troubleshooting is highly preferred.
- Experience with monitoring overall network performance to decide if changes want to be made.
- Experience with on onsite work including racking and cabling work.
- Experience with laying out the design and implementation of new solutions and improve the resilience of the modern surroundings.
- Disaster Recovery tuning and testing.
- Windows/Linux administration, maintenance and support experience.
- Windows Defender and Desktop Central administration preferred.
- Storage Administration - Dell Compellent experience is strongly preferred
- IDPA and ECS implementation at primary and DR data centers for business continuity in Dell Data Domain environment.
- Performs capacity analysis and provide operational support
- Certification in networking and Infrastructure environment are preferred.
Please Note: Associates in this job working from a California location are subject to California's salary threshold guidelines.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.