Advanced Analytics Consultant
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint Locations.
The Advanced Analytics Consultant employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs. Consults business leaders and internal partners to apply the insights to test and drive product innovation and enhancement, to target the right members for the right service, to measure program outcome and demonstrate value, to help win and retain clients, and to support information based strategic decision making.
How you will make an impact :
- Provides analytical insights to support business solution development based on quality, use, cost and other key drivers; develops and refines analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment.
- Consults on all considerations related to designing and executing tests or pilot programs; contributes to the design of new program/initiative based on test/pilot outcomes.
- Develops targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations; develops predictive models and other tools that help target the right members.
- Develops methodology to measure clinical, utilization and financial outcomes of a program/initiative; conducts in-depth research to address challenging issues in measuring outcomes.
- Leads applied research projects; authors white papers, presents at industry conferences and submits journal publications.
- Addresses limitation of certain data sources and evaluates incremental value of new data sources.
- Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research and a minimum of 5 years' experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- PhD preferred.
- Experience with developing expert modeling system for segmentation/stratification that supports customized strategies for different customer segments preferred.
- Healthcare, financial, database/direct marketing, online retails or consulting industry experience highly desirable.
- Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- Advanced expertise with SAS or equivalent analytical tools and comprehensive experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.