Outreach Care Specialist
Location : Must reside in Iowa
Hours : 8 am – 5 pm CST
*** $500 Sign On Bonus ***
The Outreach Care Specialist will travel throughout a specific region of Iowa 80-90% of the time.
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. As an Outreach Care Specialist , you will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate member treatment plans are followed in less complex cases and proactively identifying ways to improve the health of our members and meet quality goals. The Outreach Care Specialist will be in the community, working collaboratively with formal support, service providers, and informal networks.
How you will make an impact:
- Coordinate follow-up care plan needs for members by scheduling appointments or enrolling members in programs.
- Assess member compliance with medical treatment plans via telephone or through on-site visits.
- Identify barriers to plan compliance and coordinates resolutions.
- Identify opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Recommend treatment plan modifications and determines the need for additional services in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Coordinate identification of and referral to local, state, or federally funded programs.
- Coach members on ways to reduce health risks.
- Prepare reports to document case and compliance updates.
- Establish and maintain relationships with agencies identified in appropriate contracts.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 1-year related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Certified nurse assistant or certified medical assistant
- BS/BA degree in a Behavioral Health related field preferred.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- For URAC-accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.