A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, Carelon Behavioral Health, formerly Beacon Health Options, offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
This is a remote, individual contributor role and the person in this role can live in one of the following states:
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
Work schedule: Wednesday - Saturday 12:00 am - 10:30am EST (schedule subject to change)
The Behavioral Health EAP Consultant is responsible for providing 24/7 Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance services to up to approximately 10 million lives.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supports Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service department by responding to initial customer contacts and request for services; receives client request, assesses situation, determines appropriate course of action.
- Provides telephone and/or on-site support for crisis intervention, assessment, short term problem resolution and referral to appropriate provider(s).
- Manages Critical Incident Stress Debriefing requests.
- Assesses members and assists them in accessing behavioral healthcare benefits available under their health plan.
- Applies specialized knowledge in substance abuse, domestic abuse, grief counseling, workplace problems, and management consultation.
- Provides employer consultation to supervisors, managers, and Human Resources of the EAP contracted organization.
- Manages shared mailbox that is used by clients and external vendor to forward information that must be reviewed and placed in documentation system.
- Requires minimum of 5 years of direct psychiatric and/or substance abuse experience and prior managed care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted license such as a LICSW or LMHC (as allowed by applicable state laws), in Massachusetts required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- MA/MS preferred.
- Crisis and resources referral experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with responding to phone calls, text, and chat highly desirable.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.