Technical Project Manager
Preferred Locations: Indianapolis, IN; Mason, OH and Richmond, VA
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint Locations.
The Technical Project Manager works with business partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects of varying sizes, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development. You will be responsible for overseeing the development and completion of projects while providing guidance on policies and processes. Collaborating with other department leaders, and ensuring the quality of each project. Manages projects at least $1M in size or equal complexity. Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives. Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology.
How you will make an impact:
- Guides the team in the development of a prescribed planning document; project charter, partners with sponsors to secure project approval; develops communication management plan.
- Manage and improve project governance structure; identify and develop management reports.
- Review plans, schedules, and resources for projects
- Defines project team roles and responsibilities, develops work plan structure and project schedule.
- Develops deployment plan; leads project meetings; identifies scope changes and facilitates approval process; maintains and updates all project documents.
- Secures the appropriate skill sets for project; sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members; provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers; maintains issue log; facilitates resolution of issues.
- Execute communication plans; regularly reports status of reports; manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle.
- Tracks and manages time and budget against plan; develops testing strategy; conduct project close-out activities; prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints.
- Obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals; manage and update plan; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Mentor and train project managers.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 2 years spent working in a lead role on one or more projects; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Requires experience working with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Experience with defining decision-making procedures and metrics for validating impacts (project governance) highly preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools strongly preferred.
I f this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.